Loc Love Language Nourishing OilRegular price $20.00
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), Oryza sativa (Ricebran) Oil, Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower) Oil, Cannabis sativa (Organic Hemp) Seed Oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Organic Jojoba Seed) Oil, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine soja (Non-GMO Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol (d'Alpha Vitamin E) Oil, Vitginia Juniperus virginiana (Cedarwood) Essential Oil, Chamomilla rectita (Chamomile) Extract, Zingiber officinale (Ginger Root)
Cedarwood Essential Oil: Increases circulation to stimulates the hair follicles. Reduces thinning and encourages growth.
Chamomile: Promotes hair health and fights a dry, itchy scalp
Ginger Root: Strengthens the roots of hair and improves circulation
Stinging Nettle: Naturally is rich in sulfur and silica. Fights hair loss, promoting hair health and keeping it shiny.
Rosemary Extract & Essential Oil: High in nutrients that stimulate blood to the scalp which promotes growing hair. It also is anti-inflammatory to feed hair follicles and sooth the scalp.
Thyme: Promotes growth, helps keep the scalp healthy. Fights dandruff
Soybean Oil: Natural DHT Blocker
Neem Oil: Neem oil is high in anti-oxidants that protect the scalp from free radicals. It is very regenerative to hair and the scalp that has been damaged.
Lecithin: Improves structural hair quality. Counteracts damaging elements to hair, long term. Provides shine, and softness to hair.
Lemongrass Essential Oil: Naturally is anti-microbial and has high antiseptic properties that fight scalp inflammation. Strengthens the hair follicles and fights hair loss.
D'Alpha Pure Vitamin E Oil: Reduces oxidative (when oxygen steals electrons) stress in the scalp. High anti-oxidant, heals
Peppermint Essential Oil: Provides Cooling & Refreshing scalp stimulation - encouraging growth by increasing circulation.
Lavender Essential Oil: Naturally conditions, promotes growth, thickens, fights itching and dandruff
Tea Tree Essential Oil: Naturally Fights DHT, Antimicrobial, anti-viral
Pumpkin Seed Oil: Very pro-hair contributor, DHT fighter that fights high DHT levels on scalp tissue that correlates with hair loss.
Saw Palmetto: Blocks DHT and contains plant sterol: beta-sitosterol
Nourishing oils can offer several benefits to dreadlocks, such as:
1. Moisturizing: Dreadlocks tend to be dry due to their unique structure, and nourishing oils can help to keep them moisturized by penetrating deep into the hair shaft to hydrate the hair.
2. Strengthening: Some oils, like coconut oil and avocado oil, contain essential vitamins and minerals that can help to strengthen the hair strands from the inside out, which can help minimize breakage.
3. Scalp health: Oiling the scalp can help to nourish hair follicles, reduce dryness, alleviate itchiness, and promote healthy hair growth.
4. Improving hair texture: Oils like jojoba and argan oil can help to smooth frizz and add shine to dreadlocks, improving their overall texture.
Overall, incorporating nourishing oils into your dreadlock care routine can help to keep your hair healthy and moisturized, making it easier to maintain and reducing the likelihood of breakage or damage.
Here are the steps to apply nourishing oil to dreadlocks:
1. Start with clean and dry hair: The hair should be clean and free of any buildup or residue, which can interfere with the absorption of the oil.
2. Choose the right oil: Use a nourishing oil that's suitable for your hair type. Some popular options for dreadlocks include coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil.
3. Warm the oil: Take a small amount of the oil and warm it up by rubbing it between your palms or by placing the bottle in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Warm oils are better absorbed by the hair than cold oils.
4. Apply the oil: Section the hair into manageable pieces and apply the oil to the scalp and hair, working it through with your fingertips. You can also apply the oil to the entire length of the dreadlocks.
5. Work the oil in: Use a gentle massaging motion to work the oil into the hair and scalp, taking care not to pull on or stress the dreadlocks.
6. Cover the hair: Once the hair is fully coated with the oil, cover it with a plastic cap, towel or scarf for an hour or two to allow the oil to penetrate.
7. Wash and rinse: After the oil has had time to soak in, wash and rinse your hair with a gentle clarifying shampoo to remove any excess oil and buildup.
8. Repeat: Depending on the level of dryness or damage to your dreadlocks, you may want to repeat this process once or twice a month to maintain healthy, nourished hair.
By properly applying nourishing oils to your dreadlocks, you can help to retain moisture, prevent breakage, and promote hair growth.